Completed in 2015, the modern 600 sq ft Cabin is privately situated on our 3.6 acre property. Perched some 50 feet above the waters of Unkak Cove, the Cabin offers a stunning panoramic view of the cove, the forest opposite and Grouse Island in Quathiaski Cove. At night, the lights of Campbell River can be seen twinkling in the distance.
The Cabin was mindfully designed as a comfortable get-away for two, with one bedroom, a three piece bath with sensuous rainshower, fully appointed kitchen with dining nook overlooking the cove, and an ample living room boasting a gas fireplace for coziness and ambiance in any season.
The Winter Cabin
Winter is perhaps the most dramatic season to visit Cabin On The Cove. Watch the wind-whipped white caps roll up the cove from your cozy living room perch or steamy hot tub on the deck. The winter cove provides a favourite safe haven for a wide variety of sea birds for hours of your bird-watching entertainment.
The Deck & Outdoor Living
The deck overlooking the cove is furnished with a bistro set for al fresco dining, lounge chairs and your own private soft-shell hot tub. The subtle deck lighting extends your enjoyment of this inviting outdoor living space well into the warm summer evenings.
Cell reception is good in the Cabin, although we highly recommend you switch your phone “off” as much as possible to fully benefit from “getting away from it all” in this special, quiet spot among the trees and mossy bluffs above the cove.
There is internet access via WiFi plus a smart TV for directly accessing Netflix or other internet sites. There is also an option to use a LAN line (if you prefer a WiFi-free environment) with HDMI connection to the TV for viewing on the larger screen. A DVD player is also provided for watching movies rented from the local video store (yes, we still have one on the island!)
Cabin On The Cove is a no-pet, no-smoking environment (e-cigarettes excepted). Due to rocky bluffs and uneven terrain, the Cabin is not suitable for children under 12 years of age. We will consider “babes in arms”, but do contact us beforehand. Maximum occupancy is two (2) adults, plus one (1) mature child 12 to 18 years of age. On request, we can provide a comfortable air mattress for the child in your party.
Also due to the rocky terrain and the 14 steps down to the Cabin, unfortunately, the Cabin is not wheelchair accessible.
What We Provide:
- All bedding & towels & paper products
- Kitchen plates, bowls, cups, glasses, cutlery & cooking utensils, pots & pans
- Full size and under-counter refrigerators for ample food storage
- Dishwasher (who wants to wash dishes on vacation?!)
- Gas range with full sized oven
- Coffee-maker & coffee grinder for fresh coffee
- Robes to use onsite
- Hair dryer
- Binoculars to use onsite ONLY, please
- Flat screen Smart TV
- DVD player
- Phone dock & radio (remember the USB cord for your phone!)
- WiFi Internet
- Propane fireplace
- Soft-shell Hot tub (all seasons)
- Propane BBQ on front deck
Suggested Items For You To Bring:
- Clothing appropriate to the season & planned activities
- don’t forget your bathing suit!
- consider hiking boots for Quadra’s many trails
- consider water shoes – barnacles are sharp!
- layers for warmth, esp if you’ve planned a whale-watching tour – it gets chilly on the water!
- rain gear – just in case!
- Favorite foods (or purchase fresh veggies & seafood from local vendors) – you’ll be preparing your own meals
- Personal care items
- Bug repellent – mainly for hiking (we are blessed with breezes at the cabin that blow most of the little critters away!)
- Binoculars – for off-site use
- Books, music, movies or games (bring the USB charging cord for your phone)
- And most of all…anticipation of a truly wonderful visit!!
For those of you who have been our guests, we would love to hear your feedback!!
Please consider leaving a comment below to tell us how you enjoyed your stay.